Assistance, Support and Guidance
We recognise the extra strain that isolation may place on families and we are here to offer help. If you need information on any of the following, ring the school for full details:
- Food delivery services in your area
- Food banks: Thanet, Sandwich, Deal, Whitstable, Aylesham
- Shopping service for people who cannot get out of the house.
We hope you do not need any of the following numbers, however, it is good to know that help is at hand:
- If you or someone you know is feeling the strain, then contact ‘Release the Pressure’ (a mental health charity). Contact details are 0800 107 0160. Alternatively, text ‘Shout’ to 85258
- Thanet Domestic Abuse Forum phone: 078 5685 6278 [you may need to try a few times]. Operating times: Mon, Tue, Thurs 10.30 – 11.30am; Wed 10am – 12pm
- Support can also be accessed by phoning Victim Support – 0808 168 9276
- In an emergency situation please call the police on 999
For challenging behaviour support look at the Challenging Behaviour website: www.challengingbehaviour.org.uk
Family Carer Email Network for families to support one another: http://www.challengingbehaviour.org.uk/supporting-you/family-carers-email-network.htmi
Mencap provide online support for family carers and those who have a relative with a learning disability (or child with developmental delay). You can call their helpline, Mencap Direct: 0808 808 111 or go to: www.mencap.org.uk/familyhub
In addition, we have sent home an updated list from Connect Well which provides important telephone number providing support and guidance during this challenging time.