School news will appear below.
A letter will be coming home with your child this evening regarding arrangements for next week’s Christmas productions. The letter can be accessed on this website by clicking the following link: https://www.foreland.kent.sch.uk/assets/Letter-to-Parents-re.-Christmas-Productions-3rd-December-2021.pdf A letter will be coming home with your child this evening regarding arrangements for next week’s Christmas productions.
Dear Parents/Carers The school has a positive COVID-19 case in our Key Stage 3 department. We know that you may find this concerning, but we are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health England. A letter will be coming home this afternoon to inform you of the current situation and provide advice on how to support your child. This letter can also be found here .
School will be open today to all pupils/students that are due to be in . I have spoken to transport providers and they are planning to pick up all pupils/students who were due to attend. If there are any changes to this, they will be in touch. If your road is particularly icy, please liaise with your driver/passenger assistant to arrange to have your child picked u p from a safer place.
Weather conditions have not improved overnight and many of the transport providers are unwilling to drive in these conditions. Roads are extremely icy as is the school site. In addition, many staff are unable to travel into school. I have therefore made the difficult decision to close the school once again.
Pupils Eligible for Free School Meal Voucher Scheme The school will be changing the way that you receive free school meal vouchers as of Monday 25th January 2021. We will no longer be posting out vouchers. We will be going back to the government provider, Edenred. This means that you will receive an email from Edenred in order to download your vouchers.
A reminder to all parents/carers of children returning to school. Please ensure you read the Parent Handbook in order to familiarise yourselves with the safety measures in place. A copy of the handbook has been sent home to all parents/carers. A copy is also available here .
This week we will be contacting parents/carers regarding extending our provision. As stated earlier, it is not possible at this time to offer to all parents who have requested a place, but please be assured we will be reviewing the provision each fortnight with a view to extending our offer if we are able to do so. This is obviously dependent on us having the staff available and that further extending our provision does not compromise the health and safety of our pupils and staff. All parents will be receiving the Parent Handbook through the post over the next couple of days, which details the new ways of working in order to promote the health and safety of all members of the school community.
We wrote to you all at the end of last term to say that we would be in touch this week to discuss school placements for those parents who would like their child to return. We will be contacting all parents/carers on Wednesday (3rd June) to let you know about provision moving forward. Decisions for placement have been based on risk assessment and there may be a need for us to liaise with our colleagues within the NHS to ensure we have the correct PPE and safety measures in place to cater for the needs of specific children. As stated in my letter, given our staffing capacity we will not be in a position to offer a place to all pupils whose parents have requested one.
- 18th Christmas Fair 2022
- 25th Ofsted/CQC Visit of Kent County Council from 27 September to 29 September 2022
- 21st Online Safety
- 16th Letter to Parents/Carers
- 12th HM The Queen Funeral
- 21st End of Term 6 Newsletter
- 18th School Closure 19.07.22
- 17th Severe Weather Update
- 16th 6th Form Graduation
- 14th Amber Extreme Heat Warning
- 8th Summer Fair
- 21st Living with COVID - School Update
- 20th Public Notice - Satellite Provision
- 1st End of Term 4 Newsletter
- 24th COVID-19 Update - Latest Guidance
- 23rd COVID-19 Update
- 11th End of Term 3 Newsletter
- 11th NDCS - Children's Mental Health Week
- 10th Immunisation Clinics
- 9th Changes to School Transport Service
- 8th Safer Internet Day 2022
- 28th Online Safety - Use of Social Media
- 27th COVID-19 - Updates to Risk Assessment and Parent Handbook
- 26th Rights Respecting School Gold Award
- 20th Proposal to make Prescribed Alterations to Foreland Fields Special School
- 17th Proposal for Extending Provision
- 11th Laptops / Tablets
- 7th COVID-19 Risk Assessment and Parent Handbook
- 3rd COVID-19 Update
- 17th Merry Christmas
- 13th COVID-19 Weekly Testing
- 13th Christmas Fair
- 9th Christmas Events
- 6th Junior Department Christmas Production - Postponed
- 3rd Christmas Production Arrangements
- 26th Free School Meals